Richard's Gardens

A record of my final year at university......and beyond

10 November 2005

Duality Garden





Now that I'm back up and running I can comment on Mondays session. I must admit that I find it very difficult to maintain the required attention level in a class of over thirty - I'm afraid that I rather lost the will to live, as well as the ability to talk, by the end of the session!

I missed the point as far as the montaged sketches were concerned. I must get over the belief that the perfect A1 presentation would be devoid of text altogether, and that the clarity of the drawings would be sufficient to get every nuance of the design across! In reviewing the session I think that the light may have finally come on for me. Every one of us sees things in a different way, and so the visuals have to be reinforced both verbally and with clear annotation, in order to drive home the message you are trying to convey to the client.

The photos are of the original model, the key qualities being Rough, Balanced, Solid, the theme of Duality contrasting these with Smooth, Unbalanced and Liquid, the second sketch model, the sequential sketches -the journey through the garden (I WILL ANNOTATE NEXT TIME!) and the final presentation.

Dickie



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home