Richard's Gardens

A record of my final year at university......and beyond

10 August 2006

What took you so long?



I love Nicotiana 'Lime Green' and grow it every year. The packet of seeds has lasted for three years, but I only had a few left. These were sown in February but are incredibly late, only now beginning to flower.

The perfume is lovely - at it's strongest in the evening (I think they must be pollinated by moths in the wild).

Quite by chance I planted them in front of Euphorbia c. subsp wulfenii 'Lambrook Gold'?(itself self sown, blown in from my neighbour's garden). At this time of year, early in the morning, the lime green flowers look great with the glaucous foliage of the euphorbia behind them. A combination to remember for next year.

Dickie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home